Welcome to the inaugural World Ecological Forum, Gotland Summit July 1-2, 2010.
The picturesque Swedish island in the Baltic Sea will be the hosting event venue for crucial crossover networking, innovation, collaboration, analysis, and evaluation. Through the first World Ecological Forum Global Impact Award 2010, significant positive environmental and social global impact will be recognised.
• Wisby Strand Congress Hall and Gotland Ring are both located in the eco-municipality of Gotland
• Energy for the Congress Hall is generated from the sea and wind power
• All electricity used on Gotland Ring is 100 % wind power (30 % within the whole eco-municipality)
• The Hanseatic Capital of Visby provides all necessary services within a compact and picturesque area
• Transportation & other Logistics All hotels are situated within walking distance from Wisby Strand Congress Hall
• Airport and ferry terminal are located a couple of minutes from the hotels and event venue
• All official cars are zero- and low-emission vehicles
• Certain delegates, lecturers, speakers, and other contributing experts will participate through video conferencing
Climate Compensation Plan
• Travel-related off-set
• Investments in wind & solar power and possible other sustainable energy
• Strong emphasis on local suppliers (event-related material, ingredients for catering, etc.)